Community Graphics Resources
The OHRRPGCE has had a tradition of everyone learning to draw their own graphics for their games - whether people felt up to it or not - but now thanks to several freely usable graphics packs designed for the OHRRPGCE, you don't have to draw anything if you really don't want to.
These are images contributed by OHR users. For the most part, they are free to use, but some may have certain license restrictions. Be sure to check with the specific resources to be sure.
If you use free resources, please give credit and abide by the wishes of the author.
When posting resources, they must be either public domain or creative-commons or otherwise with some kind of automatic permission for use in games (e.g. allow arbitrary use with attribution, or non-commercial only, or...).
Resources on the Wiki
These links lead to separate pages on the Wiki for different resources. Most if not all the resources here are created by users of the OHR and are free to use. If you are in doubt as to whether or not they require attribution, check the information included with each set or contact the creator of the resource.
- Free Sprites
- Free Tilemaps
- Free Backdrops
- Free Animations
- Free Box Edges
- Free Fonts
- Logos and Splash Screens
OHRRPGCE graphics resources
- Vikings of Midgard is in the public domain; providing free graphics for people to use is one of its original purposes
- Slime Salad Thread for free graphics
- Huge 8-Bit Graphics Pack by FnrrfYgmSchnish on Slime Salad, also hosted on this wiki
- Big pack of tilesets by BMR on Slime Salad, also hosted on this wiki
- Face Maker utility to make portraits by BMR on Slime Salad
- Community project Tileset (c.c.T.c.c) - volume 1 (discussion)
- Free graphics by AdrianX (warning: some are ripped!)
- Entries tagged 'free graphics' or 'resources' on Slime Salad
- Walkabout and Jamaican Banana hero sprites by FnrrfYgmSchnish in Hamsterspeak 61
- A pack of 10 Wizard Hero sprites by Master K in HamsterSpeak 57
- Winter & Spring tilesets by Marionline in HamsterSpeak 55
- The Nathan Karr Sprite Collection in HamsterSpeak 54
- Sidescroller Graphics by Voltire in HamsterSpeak 49
- Classic Video Game Heroes by FnrrfYgmSchnish in HamsterSpeak 48
- Indoor Tileset by Marionline in HamsterSpeak 48
- Pack of 82 Attack Sprites (from Vikings) by Fenrir Lunaris in HamsterSpeak 44
- NPC Sprite Pack by FnrrfYgmSchnish in HamsterSpeak 39
- 8-Bit Sprite Pack by FnrrfYgmSchnish in HamsterSpeak 36
- NPC Sprite Pack and Kyle Art by Fenrir-Lunaris in HamsterSpeak 34
- Hero Sprite Pack by Fenrir-Lunaris in HamsterSpeak 33
- Vampire's Curse Sprites Art by Fenrir-Lunaris in HamsterSpeak 19
These are not resources per se, but rather templates that can be used to create sprites.
- Large sprite templates by BMR
- Sprite template by marionline
- opengameart.org has a great deal of game art freely available under permissible licenses.
- FreeArtSearch lets you search a long list of repositories of free game art, especially from existing games which have released their graphics for use
- Assemblee: Part 1 Announcement, Forum. "The art and music that was created for the competition will be released to the public under certain provisions (non-commercial, credit given, etc.)."