The source code for the OHRRPGCE is available under the GPL license. You only need this if you are interested in programming improvements to the engine (or if you are just really curious). You do not need this source code to just make games with the OHRRPGCE
Getting the Source
The source code is stored in subversion, and you can also get it (and work on it) via the git-svn mirror (uploaded every 20 minutes to github and bitbucket). If for some reason you can't install a subversion or git client on your computer, the next best thing is to download an archive:
You can also view the source without a subversion/git client at:
- https://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/source/ (view of the svn repository)
- https://github.com/ohrrpgce/ohrrpgce (svn <-> git mirror/bridge) - Also home of the bugtracker
- https://bitbucket.org/rbv/ohrrpgce-svn/src (svn <-> git mirror/bridge) - Alternative mirror
Compiling the Source
- Documentation of the OHRRPGCE .rpg and other file formats
- Guide to source files
- Developer Notes
- Some newer feature internals are documented on their Plans page
If you fix bugs, or make improvements, you can submit your fixes to be incorporated into the official version.
If you forked the code with git from https://github.com/ohrrpgce/ohrrpgce then you can submit a pull request.
If you downloaded the source code using the older subversion method you can send us a patch containing your changes. with
svn diff > patch_file_name.txt
Then email the patch file to the mailing list.
Distributing your own version
For feature implementation plans, see the Plans page.
email@example.com discussion list
A mailing list for OHRRPGCE programmers to discuss OHRRPGCE development.
Plotscripting discussion and advanced game-making discussion are also welcome.
- Subscribe here
- View the archives here or on gmane
- post by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org (must be subscribed first!)