Make and Play Games
Current Stable Version
- Download Windows Installer (Installation instructions)
- Download full ZIP file
- Download minimalist ZIP file (for people with slow intertubes)
Mac OS X (Intel Macs only)
Linux (Linux Notes)
- Download Linux x86_64 binary tarball
- Download Linux x86 binary tarball
- Debian + Ubuntu packages
- AUR package for Arch Linux (these are still the older callipygous version)
- Android game player app (must allow installing debug apps)
Latest Nightly Version
Nightly builds are previews of the next (incomplete) version of the OHRRPGCE which are built automatically each night (or every 12 hours for Windows builds). They will contain the absolute latest features, but they are not considered stable. In addition most nightly builds, except for the Windows installer and Mac package highlighted in green below, only contain the binaries (the programs themselves), so you need a stable version (above) to get a full package: simply extract the nightly .zip over a stable release, overwriting files. There are multiple different Windows executables, each one for a different set of backends and build options; you should use the default unless you think you have a problem with the default backends. Linux and Mac nightlies only come in a single flavour. Read the included readme file to understand the differences between the different backend versions.
Please always read IMPORTANT-nightly.txt after downloading -- it's for your own safety!
If you decide to edit your game using a nightly build, the file format will be updated. Don't try to take your updated RPG file back to the older stable editor, because the stable version of the editor will not be able to fully understand the newer file format.
- Nightly OHRRPGCE version (WIP) Windows Installer
- Nightly OHRRPGCE version (WIP) Mac OS X app
- Nightly OHRRPGCE version (WIP) Windows as a plain zip file
- Nightly OHRRPGCE alternate backends, Linux binaries, other utilities
- Android game player app (Not a nightly build: rebuilt irregularly!)
- Archived nightly builds (up to 10 weeks old)
- whatsnew.txt changelog for the next release
- Nightly HSpeak for Windows
- Nightly Plotscripting Dictionary (xml version)
If you spot a bug in a nightly, please let us know by filing a bug report.