The system requirements for the OHRRPGCE are low, very low. It is neither hungry for memory nor hungry for processor cycles, nor demanding on your graphics card. It should run fine on even old crusty computers. The minimum CPU requirement for the typical game is approximately a 400MHz Pentium 2, and in the ballpark of 20-30MB of free memory, though some OHRRPGCE games (mainly those that aren't RPGs) will have far higher requirements: a Pentium 3 or 4 or better is recommended.
The OHRRPGCE is known to work on the following operating systems:
Known to work
- Windows: all 32-bit and 64-bit versions, including 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Support for Windows 95, 98, ME was (re-)added in fufluns
- Mac OS X (10.5+ known to work, 10.4 expected to. PowerPC Macs not supported)
- Older non-64-bit Macs (before roughly 2009) require using the 32-bit Mac app, which is not the default. Mac OS 10.6-10.14 can run both the 32-bit or 64-bit apps.
- Linux distributions since ~2010, x86, x86_64, ARM or ARM64 (Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat/Fedora, Slackware...)
- Android 2.3+ (see also Specific android device testing)
- FreeBSD (No binaries provided. See Compiling)
- ReactOS (see this post)
Probably Working, but needs verification
- Other BSDs
- Android 2.2 or earlier. (Before fufluns, Android 1.6-2.2 were supported)
- DOS (Support was dropped in 2006, and you can still download that version)