The source code for the OHRRPGCE is available under the GPL license. You only need this if you are a programmer with a high tolerance for messy code (or if you are just really curious).
Getting the Source
The source code is stored in subversion, and you can also get it (and work on it) via the git-svn mirror (updated every 20 minutes). If for some reason you can't install a subversion or git client on your computer, the next best thing is to download an archive:
You can also view the source without a subversion client at:
- https://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/source/ (view of the svn repository)
- https://bitbucket.org/rbv/ohrrpgce-svn/src (svn <-> git mirror/bridge)
Compiling the Source
- Documentation of the OHRRPGCE .rpg and other file formats
- Guide to source files
- Developer Notes
- Some newer feature internals are documented on their Plans page
If you fix bugs, or make improvements, you can submit your fixes to be incorporated into the official version. If you downloaded the source code using subversion or git, it is easy to make a patch containing your changes. To create a patch, type the command:
svn diff > patch_file_name.txt
git diff > patch_file_name.txt
If you have been making changes to many different files, but only want your changes to one specific file to be included in the patch, you can specify the filename:
svn diff game.bas > patch_file_name.txt
Then email the patch file to the mailing list.
Distributing your own version
For feature implementation plans, see the Plans page.
firstname.lastname@example.org discussion list
A mailing list for OHRRPGCE programmers to discuss OHRRPGCE development.
Plotscripting discussion and advanced game-making discussion are also welcome.
- Subscribe here
- View the archives here or on gmane
- post by e-mailing email@example.com (must be subscribed first!)