This is a lump in RELOAD format. it contains persistant metadata for exporting the game to various distribution packages, as well as for generating/exporting standard README.txt files
- distrib - root container node
- pkgname string - the package name to export to. If missing or blank, a default value based on the rpg file name will be used instead.
- gamename string - the full name of the game. If missing or blank, a sanitized version of the long name in the GEN lump will be used
- author string - the name of the game author or authors
- email string - the author's e-mail address
- website string - the author's website
- description string - a single paragraph description with automatic line wrapping. This will be the first paragraph of the generated README
- more_description string - Any additional text that should follow the first paragraph in the generated README.
- license string - should be one of a pre-set list of license strings
- copyright_year string - four digit year when copyright starts, or a range of years (defaults to the current year when you first export your game)
- itch_user string - Optional username for uploading your game to itch.io (The OHRRPGCE never needs to know the password, because auth is handled by the butler tool and your browser. only the username is needed) (This is a WIP feature)
- itch_gamename string - Optional gamename, if your itch.io game listing needs to have a different name than pkgname (This is a WIP feature)
Example values for the license field (Not an exhaustive list)
|license||Rendered in generated README.txt||extra files included||Info URL|
|COPYRIGHT||(C) Copyright YYYY <authorname> All Rights Reserved||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright|
|PUBLICDOMAIN||Copyright released by <authorname> into the Public Domain||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain|
|GPL||(C) Copyright YYYY <authorname>\nReleased under the terms of the GPL, see LICENSE.txt for details||Full copy of GPL||https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html|
|CC-BY||(C) Copyright YYYY <authorname>\nThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License||Full copy of CC-BY License||https://creativecommons.org/choose/|
Other Creative Commons licenses should be supported too, not just CC-BY, but I see no need to type them all out in detail here.
If the game author wants a custom license, they should choose COPYRIGHT and then type their license in the description or more_description section.